4 million childern vaccinated under Sehat Ka Itehad

Peshawar: More than 4.00 million children under the age of five years were vaccinated against polio in 25 districts of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa during the first round of “Sehat Ka Ittehad” programme, an anti-polio campaign recently launched in the province and adjacent tribal areas.

During the first round that lasted for three consecutive days i.e. 16th to 18th February almost 90 per cent of the total set target was achieved while special activity is in progress to achieve the remaining 10 percent target.

Deputy Commissioners and District Health officers have been assigned special task to achieve the remaining target within a couple of days to come.

According to district wise details 178, 043 children were vaccinated in Abbottabad, 160,515 in Bannu, 81,535 in Batagram, 182,346 in Buner, 243,162 in Charsadda, 16,559 in Chitral, 277,110 in D.I.Khan, 259,782 in lower Dir, 180,101 in in Upper dir, 106,709 in Hangu, 179,815 in Haripur, 120, 821 in Karak, 130,741 in Kohat, 49,418 in Kohistan, 149,483 in Lakki Marwat, 115,809 in Malakand, 238,361 in Mansehra, 354,782 in Mardan, 251,260 in Nowshera, 667.670 in Peshawar, 152,134 in Shangla, 156,972 in Swabi, 304,099 in Swat and 70,894 children were vaccinated in Tank during the first round whereas final report from Torghar district is yet to come.

Second round of anti-polio campaign under the Sehat Ka Ittehad programme will commence from the 2nd of next month. In all there will be seven rounds of vaccination drives against polio and eight other diseases like measles and diarrhea etc with special focus on the children of IDPs of tribal areas and uncovered areas of the province.

Special health camps will also be set up at various places in twelve districts of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, three tribal agencies and two frontier regions.

The post 4 million childern vaccinated under Sehat Ka Itehad appeared first on Pakistan Press International.

Peshawar: Special Assistant to Chief Minister Khyber Pakhtunkhwa on Information and Higher Education, Mushtaq Ahmed
Peshawar: The Provincial Development Working Party (PDWP) held its meeting under the Chairmanship of Mohammad
Peshawar: Lt General (Retd) Mohammad Hamid Khan who resigns of Director General Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa (K-P) Ehtesab