KARACHI: Commissioner Karachi Shoaib Ahmed Siddiqui said Quaid-e-Azam’s Mausoleum that had been closed for around two and a half months due to security threats has been reopened for public and the visiting hours would be between 9 am and 7 pm.
“Public would enter from only one gate where walk-through gate has been placed as a precautionary measure to secure lives and properties of people and no vehicle would be allowed inside the mausoleum,” he said this on Wednesday during a detailed visit to the mausoleum along Deputy Commissioner East Agha Pervaiz, SSP East and management of the mausoleum.
He appealed from people to cooperate with the administration and law enforcement agencies to make security steps successful.
The commissioner had said that it was the place where not only Karachiites but people from other cities and countries as well visited as it was a monumental building.
It was closed for public entrance since 28th August on the basis of security threats.
Resident Engineer and senior member of Quaid-e-Azam Mazar Management Board Muhammed Arif had told PPI that a threat similar to Ziarat Residency was received by the authorities that was why it was closed.