Resuming Nazimabad Underpass work ordered

KARACHI: Taking strict notice of halting work on Nazimabad Underpass, Administrator Karachi Metropolitan Corporation (KMC) and Commissioner Karachi Shoaib Ahmed Siddiqui on Monday directed the contractor firm to resume work immediately.

Earlier, the administrator KMC paid a visit to the site and constituted a committee to prepare the PC-1 of the project. Later, the committee prepared the PC-1 worth Rs450 million which was approved by the administrator then it was submitted in the P&D. The former project director has also been replaced by Shafiq-ur-Rehman.

Meanwhile, administrator Karachi said the previous PC-1 which was Rs530 million has been changed with the new Rs 450 million worth PC-1 for the Nazimabad Underpass which saved Rs80 million.

He said the concerned engineer will be removed and transferred outside the city if the roads in the area were found broken. He said the streetlights on all major roads of the city had been restored now. Siddiqui said work on the Nazimabad Underpass project would now be carried out speedily round-the-clock basis to finish it very soon.

He also directed all the engineers to complete all necessary working on the development projects before start of work on it. He also instructed to repair the alternate way of Malir 15 flyover so that the citizens could be saved from traffic problems.

KARACHI: The bandits who were killed by Special Investigation Unit (SIU) police on Thursday were
Karachi: ‘Decision makers, philanthropists and the society need to give highest priority to providing education
KARACHI: Four persons, including a woman, were injured in a traffic incident in Nazimabad area