KARACHI: The Founder Leader of Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM), Altaf Hussain, on Wednesday strongly condemned the suicide blast in the Tirah Vallery of Khyber Agency and expressed his grief over the death of several people and injuries to many others.
He said in a statement from London that suicide blast was a reaction to the ongoing operation Zarb-e-Azb of the Pakistan Army against terrorists. The army has cleansed several areas and destroyed several posts of terrorists during the operation so far.
Hussain said the suicide attack demands that the pace of the operation against the terrorists be increased and its scope extended to eliminate terrorists network in other parts of the country. Terrorism should be eliminated completely in order to protect the life and property of the people of Pakistan.
MQM chief said that the economy of the country and law and order situation were worsening with each passing day. “No one is ready to bring investment in the country because of the prevailing situation. Even sports teams of foreign countries are not willing to come to Pakistan for playing.”
Hussain said that the critical situation of the country demands that people at the helm of affairs take serious decisions and adopt a definite line of action.
Hussain expressed sympathies to the families who lost their loved ones in the blast and prayed for the martyrs. He also prayed for the speedy recovery of the injured.
He demanded of the federal and provincial governments to take swift action against the terrorists who carried out the blast in the Tirah Vallery. He said all available resources should be put in service for the success of Operation Zarb-i-Azb in order to eliminate terrorism.