57% Pakistanis have heard of Chief Justice’s order to security agencies to produce Missing Persons within two weeks, Poll

Islamabad: According to a Gilani Research Foundation Survey carried out by Gallup Pakistan, 57% Pakistanis have heard of Chief Justice’s order to security agencies to produce Missing Persons within two weeks.

A nationally representative sample of men and women, from across the four provinces was asked “Recently Chief Justice Iftikhar Chaudhry ordered the security agencies to produce Missing Persons within two weeks and if any person has broken law, then they will be punished accordingly.

Did you read or hear anything regarding this? In your opinion, what are the chances that this decision by Chief Justice Iftikhar Chaudhry will improve the peaceful conditions in the country, especially Balochistan?” Responding to this, 57% said they had heard or read about it, 42% said no and 1% did not respond. Of the 57% who knew of this decision, a majority (86%) said that there is a chance, that this will improve peaceful conditions in the country especially in Balochistan. 14% said there was no chance.

The study was released by Gilani foundation and carried out by Gallup Pakistan, the Pakistani affiliate of Gallup International.

The recent survey was carried out among a sample of 2648 men and women in rural and urban areas of all four provinces of the country, during September 02, 2013 – September 09, 2013. Error margin is estimated to be approximately ± 2-3 per cent at 95% confidence level.

Islamabad: Finance Minister Ishaq Dar has categorically stated that a friendly country has given 1.5
Islamabad: The Ambassador of Iran Mr. Alreza Haighighian called on the Federal Minister for States
Islamabad: Mrs. Kati Marton, the widow of late US Ambassador Richard Holbrooke and Executive Member