Musharraf will soon tell nation facts behind Lal Masjid operation

KARACHI: Aasia Ishaque, Central Secretary Information, All Pakistan Muslim League (APML) said on Thursday that General (retd) Pervez Musharraf would defend allegations, including Lal Masjid one, against him when he would face courts on his return to country.

In a statement issued here from Central Information Secretariat, she said that why those, who accused APML chief in his absence, did not blamed him in his presence.

She said that Lal Masjid operation had been launched with the consensus of all political, religious parties and the civil government of that time. The facts would come out when free-judiciary would probe the matter, Aasia added.

She said that to deal with the people living in Lal Masjid, the then government took much time and negotiated with the people but finally when they did not cooperate, action was taken.

“Politicians from various parties, religious leaders, scholars, representatives of Wafaq-ul-Madaris and others were involved in negotiations with clerks of Lal Masjid,” Aasia said.

APML leader said that those accusing Musharraf were themselves involved in Lal Masjid operation. She said: “The girl students of Lal Masjid are alive today and are witnesses that they had been escaped from killing. If the people of Lal Masjid were empty-handed then who had opened fire on Commandos of Pak Army, she questioned.

APML leader announced that Pervez Musharraf would open the real secrets of Lal Masjid on his return and he himself would tell the nation that who was involved in the operation.